Monday, January 23, 2017

Webcomics

Hello and welcome to another post of LLG, today we are moving away from the animation topic that has been on recent post but still in the art category. If you have read the title, then you would know that the topic of the day is webcomics! As always the first question this blog likes to answer for any topic ( no matter how small ) is what the topic is. So, webcomics are comics that are on the web. So, where would one post such a comic? There are numerous ways to post a comic series. The first and easiest way is to post it on social media.
Sites like Deviant Art are made mainly to showcase one's art. Sites like these can double for posting webcomics. Sadly I don't know much else about the site but I am 50% sure that it is made to where you can't get paid for comics which is true for other sites similar like tumblr. Now, another way to set up a web comic is through a blog such as the very one you are reading. This is possible and very manageable but despite that I have not made a comic as I am just not at the skill level needed to make multiple characters, background and movements in my art yet but do know that in the future this may happen. Sadly like Deviant art you can't get paid by yourself but you can set up an ad system in order to get money very similar to youtube ( please note that there are no ads on this blog as I haven't set up the ad system and will not be doing so). Now, for the final place that is a good place for a webcomic is a site/app that I have mentioned on this blog before and that is the site tapastic.
Tapastic is a site where you can not only post stories you write but also the stories you draw as a webcomic. The site can be viewed online on desktop or on the mobile app. This is the site I know the most about as I never really visit the others sites as often and tapastic makes it very easy to find things I do enjoy ^-^. Now, sadly I do not know the specific way people get paid I do know that there are three ways that are huge possibilities. The first is the most obvious which is the premium comics on the site which require you to buy coins with real currency and use said coins to buy keys to unlock comics, I am not a hundred percent sure how this works though. Next up is the ads on the site and app which are said to explicitly there to help the site and the creators which when you make comics for mostly free is pretty nice on both sides. Lastly is the brand new experimental tipping system. With this, even if a comic is free to read on the site you can use the coins used to buy keys to also " tip " creators you feel deserve the little boost. Now, lets say you don't want to deal with that site and stick to your Deviant Art and or tumblr but still want a little pocket money for things you may want or need.
Well then, why don't you consider making a Patreon account? Patreon is a site where creators, like yourself, can still make content of any sorts where ever you choose. So, how does this work to get money? Well, if you have fans willing to support you, they can give you money in appreciation through your Patreon page and you can even set up special gifts or perks based on your content to give to these " Patrons ". There are many options for creators out there but there is a catch as always. You can always post things for fun or even the learning experience but if you want to be able to support yourself on said creations you have to work hard, practice and study a lot. Even after you perfect your skills to make content you have to be able to then make content that you feel proud of and that others will like in order for them to support your work. As I've probably said on this blog before my dream is to become a game designer/animator/most things in media today. Through a lot of practice and work I've learned coding, 3-D modeling and animating, I've learned at least the basics of adobe software like photoshop, illustrator, and premiere, and through lots of practice and hard work I am currently trying my very best to be able to learn how to develop a story, plot, characters and their environments and to be able to translate all of those things on a piece of paper or on a virtual paper. So, to ends today's post as I do with most I'm going to ask a question that I'll never get a response for but it does help my mind to try and think of the topic so I'd like to know, " are any of you guys out there planning to start a series of any type ( you don't have to say about what I just am curious if you guys are interested on the topic) and if yes, what are some steps you are taking and for the ones who are currently doing so, what steps did you take?" As always you can type your answers on the comment section below and if you do comment I will post it up and talk about your answer on the next day's post. See ya'll next post and maybe this will be the QOTD with a lot of comments. * laughing unsure *  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment