Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pencils....

Hello and welcome to another post in LLG and I know that most of you who go to this blog for things like music and games have been disappointed and I'm sorry. I do want to talk about those topics and I will but lately since I do have a lot of artsy friends and I myself have been trying to get better art is something I do think of daily and is super easy for me to write about very quickly which is a lifesaver when one post as much as I do. So, the topic of the day is PENCILS!!! Now, your probably wondering how can an entire post for a day be just about a writing utensil that isn't a marker or pen thus being only a third of the hand writing and drawing utensils? Well, there are first many types of pencils for various uses, pros and cons but first what are the pencils we will go over in today's post? The pencils talked about today are wooden pencils, mechanical, charcoal, color and premium color. Me as the one who can barely be called a beginner didn't know about the premium color pencils till recently and still don't see the difference between them but let's move on. First up is a regular wooden pencil.
Regular pencils are perfect for things like shading and even fine point drawing. The downside to these is that they have to be sharpened. Next mechanical pencils.
These pencils are the ones I prefer to use as all you need to do when your lead is short is to either push a button or pop a top off in order to fill the lead. Downside is that shading on it is a bit odd. 
Moving on we come across the obscure ( to me at least ) charcoals pencil. 
Charcoal pencils are great for sketching and shading purpose but smears very easy. Lastly, I'd like to talk about the various color pencils and this is where I think is pretty absurd. 
So, for us non artist we would be ok buying a 72 pack of crazyart color pencils for $10. That's all fine and dandy but I have art friends who are willing to shell out an extra $20 dollars at a total of $40 dollars for " premium " 72 pack of color pencils. What do these " premium " color pencil have so special? More color variations ( slightly ) and they don't fade after weeks.... That's it....Well, for today's QOTD I'd like to know if you guys are the ones who'd be willing to shell out the extra $20 for 1 1/2 of a difference? As with every QOTD you can leave your answer in the comment section below and it may be featured in the next post. See ya'll next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment