Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Horrible Picture for you GUYS to rant about!!!!!!

Hello lovely audience that gives zero feedback and welcome to another post on this blog LLG. Today I'd like to also talk about the pens I use to ink a lot of the pictures you see and yeah. So without further ado lets get started!
Today I tried challenging myself a bit with something that leaves normal artist unfazed I found out after I did it so I had like 10 minutes of high self esteem there * cries *. So, the challenge I set for me today was to draw a person that I saw in class while not asking them to stay still and so on. I tried my best to get the folds of the shirt?...sweater? whatever the thing that girls where that leaves the shoulders sticking out I don't know I also did my best to work with the hair slightly as most of you know my I don't do a lot of hair in my art but I am trying my best to learn how to work it. Next if you pay very close attention to the shading I did with the pencil on the hair and on the " shirt " they are different as the shirt I smudged to make it look smoother rather than the hair which kinda benefits in my opinion from the fibery look at the moment cause I know cartoons don't usually have that ( the main art style I am trying to achieve is of course cartoon as I've said in this blog before.). Lastly as many of my drawings have I outline them heavily with inking pens with outer lines being more bold especially in more shadowy areas while the details tend to have thinner. The only reason I do this is because I think it looks nice and I'm sure there is an art style that uses this technique but I can not call it off the top of my head and I try not to copy art styles as I want to make my own art style ( but time to time I will make exceptions for projects, highlights and of course for practice). Finally the last thing I would like to talk about are the inking pens I use that my " art style " ( if it can even be called that ) depends on. The reason I would like to talk about this is because if you've seen my older post I did a post on the stuff I use but I didn't have inking pens to show as I lost my old ones ( that I've had for years ) and didn't yet buy my new ones I use now. So, the pens I like the best and were my old ones ( and used in this drawing as I found them ^-^) are my  Japanese imported Sakura brand Magna set! These are monsters of inking pens as I bought them in 2013 and with little use every single one of them work perfect. The set comes with multiple pens and a graphic and brush marker thing. I personally like using the brush and graphic for thicker more artsy lines in drawings and they look really well in the end. To buy this set you can go to any art store and purchase them at mainly $20 I believe. Lastly are the pen set I bought recently and while they aren't the monsters of Sakura they still are usefully as they get the job done with my other drawing. These are the Artist's Loft Illustration pens. They come with the standard pens so no fancy brush or graphic markers but they do have the same and more sizes of the Magna set. In the end, if interested you can buy these for around $9 and are great for people with little money to spare. Sorry about the long post and I do hope to see some comments below about some tips on how I can improve. Till next post I'll see ya'll later!  

No comments:

Post a Comment