Tuesday, February 21, 2017

HP of the day.

Hello and welcome to the HP of the day! An HP is a picture drawn by me everyday as I practice in order to become a better artist and I post on this blog and sometimes other sites in order to get feedback from people from the internet who know more about art then I do. That being said let us start with today's HP!
This is a drawing I did today on my sketchbook and used several tools to draw. Surprisingly while I did get the idea from seeing myself in the mirror with a cap that covered my face with it's shadow, I did not use a picture or stare in the mirror in order to draw this but it did it from the memory of it. I feel that me saying that has shown how far I've gotten from where I first started a few months ago and also explains how the hat is a little funky >-<. Now onto the tools I used and the process I did to draw this. First of I started with the hat as I wanted to use it as my focus point on how should the head be angled. I then continued to use my .9 mm pencil to sketch out majority of the head, face and shading. Next I added the details on the hat with my .7 mm pencil as the details were very small and hard if not impossible with my larger pencil. Lastly I used my Sakura illustration pens to bring out the outlines of the sketch. After all that was done I decided that the shade on the face from the hat was better with pencil as I felt using ink would make it look like the hat was extending. I hope that all the details I've added about this drawing has been able to explain my process so that anyone who is reading this may understand how I do things and take note of things I'm doing wrong. Should you find some advice you feel would help please let me know by either commenting on this post or by using any of the ways to contact me under the " contact me " page. Till next time I'll see ya'll later!

No comments:

Post a Comment