Saturday, February 25, 2017

Welcome to DeviantArt: 5

Hello and welcome to another post of LLG and hope you guys are having a wonderful Saturday! For those of you who don't know, on Saturday's I get the worst and best HP of the week and compare them to artist who know what they're doing a lot better than me and try and see how I can improve by seeing what the artist do to make better art. I don't claim ownership of any of the pics listed and I will leave the creator's names in the post. Without further ado lets get started! For the worst HP of the week we have the Photoshop practice with a capped person. This was a follow up piece to the other
sketch I did of a capped person. Now I know it is really bad and I shouldn't try and use an excuse but I have been working on Illustrator quite a bit lately with the pen tool and when I got to Photoshop with the brush tool and mouse my hand was shakier than before. Enough of that though and let's check out the comparison. This drawing by by Tal-Blaiser was a bit 
suggestive and only the top part 

 is being shown because of that. Anyways for comparing I noticed that obviously they spent more time on this work and they used an angled shot rather than the profile I was going for. Next their lines are focused and not shaky in anyway, shape or form. Lastly they used their lighting in a very skilled way by having the light source come from the right and the shadow of the cap is angled because of this. So with the worst out of the way let us move onto the best. 
For the best I was going to choose the completed version of a character I did ( Mon) which could make for a good analyses as I have been working on that artwork for quite awhile but I have already had him pop up several times and his sketch made it into last weeks best I think so I decided against it. This sketch is one I did before another which the later one was made into the digital work I posted that got worst HP of the week but I do think this one is great. For this piece I was going for an angled shot that would cover the eyes and to make the shadows more prevalent on the right side with the thicker lines and shadows.
This cap reference by by randychen is very similar to what I was going for without said shadows and covering of 
the eyes. The main thing I noticed when drawing the cap on the HP was the fact that the hat 
itself looked a bit off and I can see how this person did it so it looks normal which I think is 
the main thing that I need to work on. I hope you enjoyed today's episode of WTDA and that 
you would show it to any of your friends who may be good art critics as that is what this blog 
really needs. Till next post I'll see ya'll later!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment