Thursday, February 16, 2017

HP of the Day

Hello reader and welcome to another HP for you guys to comment on and enjoy. Now before we start I'd like to refer you guys to my bio page as it does give some better insight on why it is I do the things I do and is important to today's HP. You see one of the jobs I hope to land is a graphic designer. It is a humble job compared to my bigger hopes of a game designer or animator but it is one where my love for thinking outside the box can still be used. That being said I have done some work practice and even one for pay for companies. Now, from my class for graphic design and illustration I've been given a very common project I like to call, " The Cereal Project ". This is a project where I have to design a box for a cereal company. I just started and I don't want to go into much detail as this is a blog and post about the art, not the naming or other stuff ( but I may bring those up in later post). So with that being said I have made a mascot for the cereal and the sketch I have done I consider one of if not my best yet! ^-^
This is my second drawing I've shown on this site that is on my sketch book and I feel proud of it! ^-^ It isn't the best drawing out there I know and I know I got a bit ( understatement ) lazy with the hands but as a whole I feel like it feels like a completely new character and has some personality in it. Enough of me feeling proud though lets talk about " his " design. You see Mon ( name of character which is also written above him ) is meant to be based off old cartoons with his suit, eyes, gloves and hat. I had quite a lot of fun drawing this character as old cartoons didn't focus on anatomy as much as we do today so having a small neck with a big head followed by long unboned arms doesn't make it look weird but rather gives it the old time style. I used pictures from a quick google image search of suits in order to draw that and the same goes for the hat. Lastly in order for me to be able to color the hair and be able to see the eyes clearly I had to ink them with my Sakura brand art pens as his right eye is slightly covered by his hair. With that I'll be continuing to work on this piece and so expect him again soon. Till next post I'll see ya'll later!

1 comment: