Saturday, February 4, 2017

Welcome to Deviant Art episode 2

Hello and welcome again to another post of LLG and another episode of Welcome to Deviant Art episode! For those of you who don't know what this is it is a post I do every Saturday where I get the best and the worst HP of the week and compare them to artist on Deviant art who drew the same topic as me. All the names of the creators will be listed and this is for critic and research to improve my own style thus is under Fair Use. I do not claim to own any of the pictures other that the HP's so without further ado let's get started! First off i do like to start off with the worst and we'll start with the angry faced guy  with a hood who didn't look as angry as he did with another facial expression.
To start things off we got to first search up what it is I tried to draw.
Sounds about right. 
by Dyemelikeasunset
Straight off the bat we find a picture of a way edgier person who looks more upset and better in a hood than my character. I think what I need to focus on in order to make better " edge lords " is to focus on more of the shape and expressions rather than the clothing and hair. To improve I need to get better with expressions. Next up for the best HP of the day would have to be the drawing I did when I tried challenging myself to draw someone that I saw in my day.
While I think it isn't my best ( as a lot of my stuff ) I think it was the best this week and I can see it as being acceptable. So to begin our search we are just going to look up a facing away girl or something. As you would imagine finding such a specific drawing is hard and looking very hard I could only find characters standing up but that'll do.
by madspartan013
Looking at this picture I can see how I could improve on things such as shading of the skin to the shape of the hair. I do like the artist from both artist ( not me ) make the characters lean a little back. I just think it looks really neat and both do well do to keep good anatomy while doing so. Well with that today's episode comes to a close but come back next week and there will be more HP'S to be compared in the next episode. If you don't want to miss it make sure to either click on the blue follow button on the web version of LLG or follow the blog on twitter where I post to let ya'll know what is going on and maybe ask questions from you guys to get ideas for future drawings and episodes. You can search up my twitter username which is LLGWriter for that. See you guys next post and don't forget to comment what you think.

1 comment: