Monday, February 6, 2017

HP of the Day!!

Hello and welcome back to another post of LLG, this week I am not going to start off with a regular post but it will happen sometime. Today we are going to do the ever so common HP of the day post but as you guys know on Monday's I post two HP's rather than just one so lets get started.
For those of you who've read past post you would know that I did a cartoon character of myself but when I looked back to it and gave some thought into I realized my mistake. I didn't actually use me as reference which is why my new profile pic is what it is and why I made a new character version of me. I know it is a bit hard to tell but the picture is me and my chinese looking eyes ( not actually chinese but many people think that ), small nose, bushy eye brows and very thick fluffy hair. There are some other features I would like to add in the future ( like the scar I have under my my brow ( can't remember which side )) but I just wanted to get this done quick so I could use it for my profile pic. I also added a beanie as I do wear them a lot. For this pic I used my smooth shading for the shadow of the nose ( hard to see in pic I know ) and hat while using the lined shading on the hair. I the used my Sakura illustrator pens for the outlining of the pic and the graphic marker for the brows. Overall these is a pretty accurate drawing of me as I do find myself smiling a lot. 
For the last picture I worked on an original character who I know looks a lot like the edgy teen from the newer " Horton Hears a Who" but trust me when I say that it was not my intention and I didn't realize till it was done. For this I wanted to mess around with different patterns on clothes rather than just solid colors and wanted to think of a creative shortcut on drawing the hands. By shortcut I mean completely covering them with the sleeve of the shirt except the fingers but I did it with the thought of old cartoons which to save production time and cost would cover the hands in gloves to not have to worry about detail. Also, for those of you who read yesterday's post and how I talked about how I liked how the drawing by others had the back slopped I did try and do the same thing here ( but this drawing was done before I wrote that episode). Lastly on the drawings description I did want to use a scarf but as you can probably tell I did do it after I inked the drawing itself so it doesn't look on the character and it is supposed to flow like him as it is a floating character. For this drawing all I used was my pencil for shading and my Sakura illustrator pens. With that today's HP's for the day come to a close. I hope you enjoyed the post and that you thought of some tips on how I can improve. Make sure to follow me here or on twitter to know exactly when I make a post for LLG. Till next post I'll see ya'll later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment