Monday, March 6, 2017

Multi Monday HP!!!

Hello and welcome to another post of LLG, today is Monday and is a day where I post 2, not one but 2 HP's for you guys to hate and cringe at. Before we start I'd like to let you know that I will be announcing something after all the HP's so make sure to stick around for that. Without further ado lets get started!
Before we get started I'd like to clarify that while it is one photo it is two separate drawings as I was practicing different style of buildings with different complexities and so on so one pic, two HP's. For the first one ( left ) is a simple modern two story building most likely commercial as it has no curved roof, sign and a window made to present something. I did not add any name as I felt it would be better for the imagination as it is very simple almost like a base for something that could be more complex. I tried to draw the little cloth roof above the main door way and also a terrace? patio? whatever the thing on the top is called ( in front of the second floor door) which I felt was a nice touch as in my small town many small business shops have such structures. Onto the next one I was going for a more, medieval or feudal European style of building as in the future when I am better and could maybe make a series I would like to explore the idea of a time like that for a story which has been done to death already but still sounds like fun. For this one I heavily used references as I know as a beginner is important but for the last few HP's I have not been doing as I tried to push myself. With this drawing unlike the other I had more of an idea of what I wanted it to be as I've always like the view of these old inns that would be a haven and gathering place for all sorts of people like warriors on a quest or just some farmers visiting the city to sell their crop. This one had lots more time and detail but while I feel it is a good drawing out of my bad ones it is still child's play to what I want to become so I like it but it isn't my aspiration. Now for both of these I used simple tactics of sketching out the general detail first, proceeding to sketch the smaller more refined details before shading them with some very soft charcoal pencils. Now these drawings have been really refreshing as I've been making absolute crap of lately and while these aren't fantastic they are definitely being posted to my DeviantArt which brings me to the first of the two announcements I have for today. First and foremost as many may know on this blog I have a contact me page. This page has only three ways of contacting me but one of them is my DeviantArt and it contains my username. I have gone to make this account for you to contact me and to see any work that I consider some of my most proud drawings of my progression. You can see and commentate these at any time at http://phantomchild64.deviantart.com/ or just look up Phantomchild64 on DeviantArt and you'll find it. My next announcement is that I've felt a bit creatively drained and I feel that my skills aren't improving as they should because I am not drawing something that'll challenge me so a good solution is trying to challenge myself is to take a challenge.
Starting tomorrow I am going to partake in this 30 day challenge the very best I can which means that there may be some really bad drawings but that's me trying to get these done in time so sorry if they don't please you but just know I'll try my best. If you can't read the text ( as the pic may blur ) I'll write what day and challenge the drawing I post will be for. Till next post I'll see ya'll later!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment