Thursday, March 2, 2017

HP of the day

Hello and welcome to another post of LLG, today I have a new HP that while isn't meant to be impressive or anything it is finally a piece that I want commentary on but not for normal conditions. Lastly after a couple of hard days I am finally feeling pretty good so expect better stuff from now on! Without further ado though let's get started!
This picture for some reason flipped horizontally when it is supposed to be vertical but that doesn't matter as I was worried about the picture's shape or lines for this work. For this drawing I was again practicing with my charcoal set and I just quickly sketched a shape that I could try brushing up my shading a bit. Once the piece was sketched out I used my hard charcoal pencil on the side very sparingly in order to only use what was needed. Next I used my fingers quite a bit in order to try and get the soft shading that you see more apparent than my last attempt. That being said I am still quite new to this charcoal thing and I know that this is very basic compared to what many others are able to do and I do strive to reach similar levels. That brings us to the end of today's blog post. I hope that you enjoyed today's HP and make sure to comment on any advice you would give to someone trying to learn shading and share this blog with any art critic as they just may provide some very helpful insight. Till next post I'll see ya'll later!

No comments:

Post a Comment