Sunday, December 17, 2017

Making Progress ( The Fates That Bind Us )


Hello and welcome to another post of LLG! Happy holidays as the air grows colder and the children get excited for their brake from school I myself have found that this winter brake is going to be quite the eventful one which is actually a step away from the norm for me. Despite the fact that I'm going to probably hang out with friends a lot and going to visit a country that I have at least a 30% chance of getting mugged ( maybe an under or over statement as I didn't check any statistics other than personal experience ) there is a for certain fact that working on my drawing skills is still going to be a high priority that I will continue to work on and chapters for TFTBU will be thought about. However, during the time I spend in El Salvador ( beautiful country but very violent...) I won't be able to post and work on anything digital as any and everything worth more than $10 is going to be staying at my house rather then go with me. As for the week I am not there, there is still the possibility that I won't find much time to work on anything too time consuming such as posts and or chapters so prepare for a large break ( p.s. I know I haven't posted awhile on the blog so those who only read the blog already have gone through a large break and I apologies but those who follow my book know that I have not been just lazing around but instead working very hard on that. ).
Before we start I also want to mention that there is going to be announced after the HP so do look forward to that.


 This first picture ( I know! Two pics today! ) is one where I was doing some basic practice with poses and anatomy using several images of people. It is worth noting that these pictures I used were not sketches but actual people which is a slight indicator to my growth. The ones inked are the ones from pictures while the other were one of two things. Either drawings I did of live subjects, top left, of just practice of anatomy off the top of my head, bottom.
This next one was actually one I did that was to practice getting form down. I actually used a very popular painting as my guide in order to get the pose. While I got the majority of the direction and form down pretty ok-ish, the hands suffered quite a bit...
Image I used.
Make sure to check very bottom of post.



And with that, today's HP comes to a close. It may have been a bit short and unorganized but it was really hard to get everything I needed for finals set up and then get this post together. Let's move onto the announcements though. First off I'd like to announce that very soon I will be working on my first comic series which will be a ginormous step forward from where we started a little over a year ago. Many fans of TFTBU would know that I want to turn that into a comic series and that I've actually worked on some concept art ( here ) but, for me to make that a comic series that would fit my vision for it will have to have me with some experience and much better at art then I am at the moment as the series is designed to be a very visually focused series ( kinda why it is so hard to try and make it a written novel...). So, for my first comic series I am actually going to follow in the footsteps of one of my favorite artist, https://randowis.deviantart.com/, who wanted to make an original story comic but first did just cartoon renditions of events that he experienced in his life. Being a huge influence on me and also me having quite the interesting life stories, I thought about doing the exactly that. For a title I have thought a lot longer than I did when I made TFTBU with something kinda like, "Slightly Uncommon " or something along those lines. I am planning to post any comics on webtoons most likely but I'll make sure to explain clearly if I do or not.  If you have any other ideas I would be glad to hear them so do make sure to contact me with any of the listed contact options I have listed here.
Speaking of contact info, it is worth noting that I have added two new ways to get in touch with me. The new ways you can contact me is through the game chat service of Discord which I have actually made a sever for already and through Line. As for future options to look for, I have begun to work on a Patreon account once I get final products of concept arts and profiles for TFTBU done so make sure to look for that although I will announce when it comes out. That's all for today so till next post, I'll see ya'll later.

No comments:

Post a Comment